isis-users mailing list archives

From Óscar Bou - GOVERTIS <o....@govertis.com>
Subject Re: Thinking about re-introducing UML in our workflow
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2015 14:49:25 GMT
Many thanks, Stephen for this detailed explanation.

The problem I’m facing is that I intent to communicate the developers what’s the model
to implement.

And I usually don’t find big mistakes in action code, but what mostly forces us to refactor
is miscommunication regarding the Domain Entities, attributes and actions names, including
typos  (think my team speak Spanish but they’re modeling in English) or wrong or missing
relationships between those entities.

All that could be avoided by firstly agree in a common UML Class Diagram.

If it can potentially generate automatically the Java skeleton with Apache Isis annotations
is a big plus, as it will avoid mistakes when moving from design to implementation.

And if it could potentially reverse engineer Java (incl. Apache Isis idioms) a really good
feature.

Any ideas about what tools could best adapt to the workflow (that could be potentially customized
to cover the last 2 whishes) ?

Thanks,

Oscar