isis-users mailing list archives

From Cesar Lugo <cesar.l...@sisorg.com.mx>
Subject RE: Update to the "Powered by" page
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 15:12:20 GMT
It's very nice to hear, thank you Dan for sharing.

The openness of Isis is definitely one of the main reasons we choose it. The other reason
is Isis providing value at the same time at being non obtrusive. I tried other frameworks
before this one, even a python semantic framework, but most tend to be closed and proprietary
with high degree of vendor lock-in.

Cesar.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Haywood [mailto:dan@haywood-associates.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 6:02 AM
To: users
Subject: Update to the "Powered by" page

Hi folks,

Just to bring your attention to a new case study that we've added to our "powered by" page
[1], describing the GESCONSULTOR GRC application.

This app is particularly interesting because it uses its own proprietary viewer, rather than
the default Wicket viewer.  It's a nice demonstration of the openness of Isis as a platform:
Isis' unique selling point is actually its metamodel rather than any viewer implementation
per se.

Thanks to Oscar and his team for putting these words together.

~~~

We'd very much like to have a few more case studies on our "powered by"
page.  We don't need much text, but a screenshot or two, along with the rationale as to why
Isis was chosen, would be most welcome.

So, if you can help out, please do.

Thanks
Dan