isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Inconsistent UI using the downloaded .layout.json files
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 15:13:11 GMT
On 4 September 2015 at 15:34, Yu Ri Tan <mail@yuritan.nl> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Thanks for your response. Hereby the new version of the email:
>
> --
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've noticed some inconsistency in the UI caused by the .layout.json files.
> When you've downloaded the json file from the running webapp, the UI
> changes. I'll give an example to illustrate the issue.
>
> There is a function in my app called newAttribute(), which you can see in
> http://i.imgur.com/JKCDymt.png at square 1. Normally, the button appears
> right next to the "Download Layout" button. By adding @MemberOrder(name =
> "attributes", sequence = "1") the button will appear as shown in the
> aforementioned png file at sqaure 1. At this point there was no
> category.layout.json in the module.

So far so good; as expected.

> To change the position of the changeName() action (in the same picture, but
> at square 2) the json file had to be downloaded and edited. As soon as I
> downloaded the json file and copied it to the category module, the UI
> changed. The New Attribute button (square 1) was relocated next to the
> "Download Layout" button.

It'd be useful to see the generated json file, but it does indeed sound
like it didn't pay pick this up correctly.

It's either a bug in devutils module (where "Download Layout" occurs) or
(more likely) in the LayoutMetadataReaderFromJson that's part of Isis
itself.  It is in fact possible to register
alternative LayoutMetadataReader implementations within isis.properties...
so patches always welcome!

Otherwise, raise a ticket in Isis' JIRA.

Thx
Dan