isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Collections in the left column of the UI
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 15:43:00 GMT
On 4 September 2015 at 16:05, Yu Ri Tan <mail@yuritan.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Using the same app, I'm also trying to change the layout by using the
> @MemberGroupLayout() annotation (
> http://isis.apache.org/guides/rg.html#_rg_object-layout).
> Now I would like to reposition the Attributes block (which is a collection)
> to the left-hand side of the screen as shown here:
> http://i.imgur.com/Yca1lVq.png.
>
> Do you guys know a way to do this?
>
> The documentation says the following:
>
> *Four values are given in the columnSpans attribute. The first three are
> the relative widths of the three columns of property groups. The fourth,
> meanwhile, indicates the width of a final column that holds all the
> collections of the object.*
>
> Does this mean that it isn't possible to place a collection block on the
> left side of the screen?

Correct.  However, it is possible to have the final column of collections
span appear underneath all the property groups, as per
http://isis.apache.org/guides/rg.html#_example_layouts

It ought to be easy enough to enhance the viewer to do intermix property
groups with collections across any column, we've just never needed to so
thus far.

Please raise a ticket if need be (or provide a patch / github PR ...)

Cheers
Dan