isis-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen van der Wal <jer...@stromboli.it>
Subject Re: Datanucleus issues
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 19:23:27 GMT
Hi Stephen,

I did some fixes on your code [1] but stopped at a certain point because
your code doesn't contain any unit test, integration tests or fixture
scripts and that makes development very tedious. I recommend you start
eating away this huge amount of technical debt and as a result of this you
will encounter the bugs in your code that are hunting you. You might want
to check out Estatio as starting point [2].

Some specific observations:
- I never use interfaces to describe domain objects; it leaves you with two
artefacts to maintain [3]
- don't use getXx methods for actions [4]
- use JDO to manage collections [5]. There are useful IDE templates which
greatly improves productivity [6]
- create a domain service for each domain object that acts a a repository
and factory and thus handles all database interaction. And write
integration tests for each of it's members!

HTH

Cheers,
Jeroen

[1] https://github.com/jcvanderwal/isis-chats/tree/fixup
[2] https://github.com/estatio/estatio
[3]
https://github.com/Stephen-Cameron-Data-Services/isis-chats/blob/master/dom/src/main/java/au/com/scds/chats/dom/module/activity/Activity.java#L11
[4]
https://github.com/Stephen-Cameron-Data-Services/isis-chats/blob/master/dom/src/main/java/au/com/scds/chats/dom/module/activity/AbstractActivity.java#L103
[5] http://isis.apache.org/guides/ug.html#4.5.-entity-relationships
[6] http://isis.apache.org/guides/cg.html#_cg_ide-templates

On 2 September 2015 at 15:48, Stephen Cameron <steve.cameron.62@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> >>>> >

> org.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.invoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:241)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.wicket.core.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.invokeListener(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:250)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.wicket.core.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.respond(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:236)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle$HandlerExecutor.respond(RequestCycle.java:862)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.wicket.request.RequestHandlerStack.execute(RequestHandlerStack.java:64)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.execute(RequestCycle.java:261)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequest(RequestCycle.java:218)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequestAndDetach(RequestCycle.java:289)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequestCycle(WicketFilter.java:259)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequest(WicketFilter.java:201)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:282)
> >>>> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1212)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.isis.core.webapp.diagnostics.IsisLogOnExceptionFilter.doFilter(IsisLogOnExceptionFilter.java:52)
> >>>> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1212)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.executeChain(AbstractShiroFilter.java:449)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter$1.call(AbstractShiroFilter.java:365)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.doCall(SubjectCallable.java:90)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.call(SubjectCallable.java:83)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.shiro.subject.support.DelegatingSubject.execute(DelegatingSubject.java:383)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.doFilterInternal(AbstractShiroFilter.java:362)
> >>>> >

> org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:125)
> >>>> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1212)
> >>>> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:399)
> >>>> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
> >>>> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
> >>>> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
> >>>> >
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:450)
> >>>> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
> >>>> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
> >>>> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
> >>>> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
> >>>> >

> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:945)
> >>>> >

> org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410)
> >>>> >

> org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)

Type, they

{

{

> the

>  childType.setName("ChildTypeOfConcreteParentType");

>  childType.setName("ChildTypeOfAbstractParentType");

second update

van der Wal <

case?

Cameron <