isis-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Meyer" <ke...@kmz.co.za>
Subject Re: Ready for a 1.9.0 release?
Date Sun, 16 Aug 2015 07:16:45 GMT
Hi Dan,

Excellent news - I'm planning on giving a presentation at work on the
latest Apache Isis, but I'm waiting until after the next release.

Question: Given the changes, shouldn't we release a major release (2.0.0)
[1]? The API certainly has changed since 1.7 (I call annotations part of
the API).

Re: your proposal for regular releases after this should be ok to push
enhancements out into non-snapshot release, my only concern is that
regularly releases should be OK as long as user devs developing with our
platform don't have to change any existing code.

It's OK if it's a bugfix/feature/enhancement that adds new functionality,
when user devs just add more code to access it - but I would be concerned
about monthly releases that require changes to code in production....

I'm interested in other opinions..

Cheers!
Kevin

PS: The new asciidoc website looks really good!

[1] http://semver.org/

--
Kevin Meyer
Ljubljana, Slovenia