isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: add-on ideas
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 14:49:42 GMT
On 30 August 2015 at 21:40, Stephen Cameron <steve.cameron.62@gmail.com>
wrote:

> In terms of generating a form, there is the metamodel interface that I can
> make use of, also I read that Isis can generate an XML snapshot with an
> associated XSD, the XSD can be used in a XForms generation tool I part
> developed a few years ago.

Yes, I developed this capability a long time ago so that we could use
Altova Stylevision as a way of generating comms.  But it turned out to be
quite expensive to maintain, hence moving to the design of the Isis addons
docx module.

However, I dare say that you could use the XmlSnapshot for this use case.

> Aside from OO Writer and PDF, there is the way it really should be done in
> my opinion, which is via HTML and web-services. With HTML 5 being able to
> store data, off-line web-forms are possible. When time allows I will pick
> this up, using the Restful Objects interface.

Look forward to seeing it!

cheers
Dan