isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Exception while deploying application using (1.9.0-SNAPSHOT)
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2015 12:44:48 GMT
On 26 August 2015 at 10:01, Erik de Hair <e.dehair@pocos.nl> wrote:

> Tried this but have no AppManifest setup yet. Will do that.
>
>> When you say you are running via embedded Tomcat, what do you mean exactly
>> (is this mvn tomcat:run or similar?)
>>
> I was using mvn tomcat7:run-war. We do this is because we have some tokens
> in property-files to be replaced by filters (while creating the war)
> depending on the target server (development, test, production).

okay, I'll take a look at this...

> What is actually the most common way to run the application during
> development with the possibility to modify DB-connection info, hostname,
> port etc without keeping them in version control? I could externalize some
> configurations but not all, I believe.

The way we do this with Estatio is to override the configuration properties
as per [1]

An alternative approach is to specify an AppManifest (because the
AppManifest can programmatically override all the environment-specific
config properties using whatever mechanism it wanted, eg reading an
environment variable).

I expect that the AppManifest's feature list will grow as we work through
the use cases; but what's there is a useful start already.

Thx
Dan

[1]
http://isis.apache.org/guides/ug.html#_ug_deployment_externalized-configuration