isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: ISIS-1044 issue with Collections
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2015 17:24:40 GMT
Hi Nacho (and Oscar)...

OK, I've pushed a commit... [1] could you retest?

You'll see that I didn't got with your design... doing a clear() and
addAll() on the collection returned by DataNucleus (for a regular managed
"parented" collection) might result in unexpected side effects.  So instead
the code always returns a copy of the collection, with just the visible
objects.  However, it now takes care to ensure that the compile time type
of that collection is compatible with the underlying method's return type.

One thing I wasn't completely certain on is what to do if the method's
return type isn't one of the standard ones (List, Set, SortedSet,
ArrayList, Collection etc).  I decided to revert to returning the
unfiltered collection, but an alternative design would be to fail fast.
Opinions welcome.

If this all works ok, then I'll cut a release.

Thanks
Dan

[1]
https://github.com/apache/isis/commit/9417a0d01608ba640b881e391be8c8b0529b1321