isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: code-lists and administration thereof
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 10:06:33 GMT
On 3 August 2015 at 10:51, Stephen Cameron <steve.cameron.62@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 7:32 PM, Dan Haywood <dan@haywood-associates.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > Glad you got this working for your own app.
> >
> > Re: kitchensink, did you pull down the latest?  I fixed the issues for
> the
> > fixture script and the bad config, I believe.
> >
> Just tried to update my copy. Need to read up on that too!

Jeroen and I use SourceTree, free from Atlassian; it's a good tool that
makes this stuff easy.  I tend to do a "fetch" and the merge afterwards;
all easy from the UI.

> > I'll fix that error message talking about "isis.properties" instead of
> > "persistor_datanucleus.properties", though.  (In Isis, it doesn't matter
> > which of those property files you use; it would be valid to just use
> > isis.properties for everything, in fact).
> >

> I am enjoying Isis, thinking of a project that I can make to sell as a
> customisable ERP type system, somewhat like Estatio. Just have to finish
> this one first, I have first demo for users on Friday, then hopefully into
> use by end of next week.

Jeroen and I plan to take factor out submodules of Estatio and make into
reusable (or semi-reusable components); our code name for this is UDO -
universal domain objects.  For example, Parties (legal entities),
communication channels, invoices, geography, are probably all quite widely
reusable.  The main entities in Estatio are illustrated at [1].

I expect we'll be getting onto that in a few months or so.  It'll all end
up on github, just in different repos (analogous to isisaddons).  If you're
interested in helping out, do say.

Cheers
Dan

[1]