isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: datanucleus issue, maybe
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 11:02:50 GMT
OK, so the issue is a change in the properties for "autocreate", as per
[1].  When I made the change to:

isis.persistor.datanucleus.impl.datanucleus.schema.autoCreateAll=true
isis.persistor.datanucleus.impl.datanucleus.schema.validateTables=true
isis.persistor.datanucleus.impl.datanucleus.schema.validateConstraints=true

then the app started fine and I could create a new Volunteer.  If you look
at the console then you'll see that all the tables - including Volunteer -
are created eagerly before start-up, and the deadlock does not arise.

Cheers
Dan

[1]
http://isis.apache.org/migration-notes.html#_in_the_webapp_s_code_persistor_datanucleus_properties_code

On 3 August 2015 at 00:00, Stephen Cameron <steve.cameron.62@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried adding the
> isis.persistor.datanucleus.RegisterEntities.packagePrefix
>
> key in isis.properties and in persistor_datanucleus.properties (where is
> was already, but not set to the correct value).
>
> Strangely this has not fixed the problem.
>
> Is is possible for you take a look? I've created a release v0.0.1 in github
> for the project, using Isis 1.9. I want to use 1.9 but till I get this one
> sorted I am staying with 1.8.
>
> https://github.com/Stephen-Cameron-Data-Services/isis-chats/releases
>
> To see the issue just try creating a new Volunteer from the menu, it will
> hang after you submit the new person's names. In contrast creatning a new
> Participant, basically the same thing works fine.
>
> Thx
> Steve
>

> On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Stephen Cameron <
> steve.cameron.62@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
> > That warning is for 1.9 obviously.
> >
> > On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 9:49 AM, Stephen Cameron <
> > steve.cameron.62@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Dan
> >>
> >> Thanks for the feedback, I was going to try using 1.8 again today and
> >> will do so.
> >>
> >> If I do a clean install on the whole project now I get an warning on the
> >> webapp project:
> >> [WARNING] The POM for
> >>
> org.apache.isis.core:isis-core-viewer-restfulobjects-rendering:jar:1.9.0-20150731.110526-139
> >> is missing, no dependency information available.
> >>
> >> Will provide more info once I test the suggestions.

> ISIS-1182

> lazily
> when

> http://isis.apache.org/migration-notes.html#_migration-notes_1.8.0-to-1.9.0_specify-all-dom-packages

> same
> created,

> kind

> "org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.datasource.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper@587ed84a
> >>> > >

> "org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.datasource.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper@587ed84a
> INFO
> >>> > >

> jar:file:/C:/Users/stevec/.m2/repository/org/apache/wicket/wicket-extensions/6.17.0/wicket-extensions-6.17.0.jar!/org/apache/wicket/extensions/Initializer.properties
> >>> > >
> org.apache.wicket.resource.IsoPropertiesFilePropertiesLoader@723b0f4d
> INFO
> >>> > >

> jar:file:/C:/Users/stevec/.m2/repository/org/apache/isis/viewer/isis-viewer-wicket-ui/1.9.0-SNAPSHOT/isis-viewer-wicket-ui-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/org/apache/isis/viewer/wicket/ui/components/actions/ActionParametersFormPanel.properties
> >>> > >
> org.apache.wicket.resource.IsoPropertiesFilePropertiesLoader@723b0f4d
> table.
> of
> class