isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Ready for a 1.9.0 release?
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2015 10:21:07 GMT
Hi folks (send this to dev ML, cc'ing the users ML)

Just to say that we're well overdue for a release - and I've well aware
that Ive semi-promised to cut a release for several of the last months and
then not done so.

So this is to say that I'm intending to cut a release next weekend (ie
22/23rd Aug), unless anyone in this coming week finds a show-stopper.

I'd appreciate it if you could to upgrade to the latest snapshot (which
includes moving up to the latest-n-greatest DN 4.1), and also (optionally)
to port your app to using the new AppManifest stuff (should simplify
bootstrapping and long term maintainability).  The migration notes [1]
should help

~~~
And, after 1.9.0 is released, what do people think about moving to a more
regular schedule, eg once every month?  I know that Apache Wicket and
Apache Deltaspike are able to maintain this sort of schedule; our release
procedures are now reasonably well documented/automated [2] so I think it'd
be good to follow this practice.  Thoughts?

Thanks all
Dan

[1]
http://isis.apache.org/migration-notes.html#_release-notes_migration-notes_1.8.0-to-1.9.0