isis-users mailing list archives

From Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: changing order of collection items
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 09:06:57 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Erik de Hair <e.dehair@pocos.nl> wrote:

> On 03/17/2015 09:16 PM, Martin Grigorov wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Maybe you can use the Bulk support - select few items in the table, then
>> click Up/Down action and depending on the action increase/decrease the
>> rank
>> of the selected items.
>>
>> Martin Grigorov
>> Freelancer, available for hire!
>> Wicket Training and Consulting
>> https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 7:17 PM, Erik de Hair <e.dehair@pocos.nl> wrote:
>>
> Hi Martin,
>
> I thought your idea would be a nice solution but there's one problem when
> moving succeeding items down. Each pair of items will switch ranks than but
> won't move down. This could be solved by moving items down while beginning
> at the bottom of the sorted set, but I don't think I can influence the
> order in which the bulk actions are called to the single items, do I?
>
> I can't expect users to only select 'solitary' items and I think it's not
> possible to check for that condition.
>
> Would it be possible to create a different view for a datatable which
> displays the items (implementing some interface with methods like
> 'rankUp/Down()') with 2 buttons per row for moving a single item up or
> down, by calling rankUp/Down of this item?

Everything is possible!
The fastest and easiest way (for me!) would be to create a custom component
factory that creates a custom component for objects implementing this
special/custom interface and renders them as you wish. But this is me
thinking as a Wicket developer. Maybe Dan will have a better Isis solution
for the problem.