isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Displaying Chart in HomePage
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2015 10:34:25 GMT
Isis basically just invokes the action that is annotated with @HomePage.
This action could return anything... a scalar, a list of objects, a single
entity, a view model, and it'll be rendered as normal.

Most likely you should create a view model for your dashboard, and have the
@HomePage action return that.  The todoapp in isisaddons uses this
technique [1]

~~~
There's then a separate but related question of how to have the view model
render the charts in the way that you want (eg using our Wicket
ComponentFactory API).... but I'm not sure if that's the question you're
asking?

Dan

[1]
https://github.com/isisaddons/isis-app-todoapp/blob/fb8d92cf3c68fc2456d5010fe788b4faf2152590/dom/src/main/java/todoapp/dom/app/dashboard/ToDoAppDashboardService.java#L38