isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: changing order of collection items
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 10:43:28 GMT
I've had two ideas on this.

~~~
The first is very generic... allow no-arg actions to be rendered as buttons
on table rows.  The action on the domain object (shown as a table row)
would update state to change its apparent ordering).  The viewer would then
re-render the same collection in the same way it does currently for bulk
actions (by invoking the finder that returned the list).

~~~
The other idea is a little more specialized; introduce a new Movable
interface into the applib, eg:

public interface Movable {
    void moveBetween(Object before, Object after);
}

Then, enhance the Wicket viewer so that "movable" objects could be dragged
up and down; on release the viewer would invoke the "moveBetween" method
passing the objects before and after the drop zone, and then (as above)
re-render the list.

~~~
If either of these appeals then raise a ticket (actually, I think there
might be one already for the first idea).

In terms of actually implementing these tickets, I have no plans myself but
Martin (as our resident Wicket expert) might either (a) oblige or (b)
provide some guidance.

Cheers
Dan