isis-users mailing list archives

From Erik de Hair <e.deh...@pocos.nl>
Subject Re: changing order of collection items
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 14:25:56 GMT

On 03/18/2015 10:06 AM, Martin Grigorov wrote:
>> On 03/17/2015 09:16 PM, Martin Grigorov wrote
>> Would it be possible to create a different view for a datatable which
>> displays the items (implementing some interface with methods like
>> 'rankUp/Down()') with 2 buttons per row for moving a single item up or
>> down, by calling rankUp/Down of this item?
>
> Everything is possible!
> The fastest and easiest way (for me!) would be to create a custom component
> factory that creates a custom component for objects implementing this
> special/custom interface and renders them as you wish. But this is me
> thinking as a Wicket developer. Maybe Dan will have a better Isis solution
> for the problem.

Hi Martin,

Although I think Dan's solutions would be better for the future I your
solution of the custom component would help me out for now.

After looking at the Excel and Gmap3 add ons I managed to get the
collection with items (implementing the RankEditable interface with
methods moveUp() and moveDown()) rendered. Now I need to add the actions
to the datatable but have no idea how to create an action that acts on
the underlying entity. I used Wicket's DataView-class to render the
table. Could you give me some hints how to do this?

Thanks,
Erik