isis-users mailing list archives

From Erik de Hair <e.deh...@pocos.nl>
Subject Re: changing order of collection items
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 08:46:22 GMT
On 03/17/2015 09:16 PM, Martin Grigorov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe you can use the Bulk support - select few items in the table, then
> click Up/Down action and depending on the action increase/decrease the rank
> of the selected items.
>
> Martin Grigorov
> Freelancer, available for hire!
> Wicket Training and Consulting
> https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 7:17 PM, Erik de Hair <e.dehair@pocos.nl> wrote:
Hi Martin,

I thought your idea would be a nice solution but there's one problem
when moving succeeding items down. Each pair of items will switch ranks
than but won't move down. This could be solved by moving items down
while beginning at the bottom of the sorted set, but I don't think I can
influence the order in which the bulk actions are called to the single
items, do I?

I can't expect users to only select 'solitary' items and I think it's
not possible to check for that condition.

Would it be possible to create a different view for a datatable which
displays the items (implementing some interface with methods like
'rankUp/Down()') with 2 buttons per row for moving a single item up or
down, by calling rankUp/Down of this item?

Erik