isis-users mailing list archives

From Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting module security to work
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2015 22:37:19 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 7:58 PM, James Agada <James.agada@cwg-plc.com> wrote:

> I will like to get the following services working, but I am stumped since
> the documentation is a bit scattered.
>
> 1. Security module - with working userregisteration, password reset,
> forgot password functionality. I have downloaded the security module sample
> application and tried to run it but no luck. How can I make this work on a
> simple app archetype.

Please check my response to your question about email service.
I'll see how security module documentation can be improved to explain what
to do to to see this functionality in the demo app.
For obvious reasons we won't hardcode SMTP username and password in the
demo app.

> 2. Audit module - how do I add this to the simple app archetype. I just
> want it to work and then I can extend to my application.

I haven't used this module myself yet but most of the time all you need to
do is just to add Maven dependency to the -dom module, i.e.
isis-module-audit-dom, to your webapp/pom.xml.
Check http://isis.apache.org/reference/services/auditing-service.html and
https://github.com/isisaddons/isis-module-audit/blob/master/README.md