isis-users mailing list archives

From Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Considering merging the Wicket viewer into Core framework
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 12:15:33 GMT
Hi ARI,

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 1:48 PM, AR <haskell2000@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I have started to promote isis for an internal sales application, which
> will go productive next week. Our company mainly developing vaadin
> applications, the next steps to push isis further in our company would be
> to developing a vaadin viewer. That why I would vote for not merging Wicket
> into the Core.

Moving Wicket viewer to core means that some Maven groupId and/or
artifactId will change for the users. Nothing more.
For Isis developers this is not an actual change.
For Isis release manager the change will just simplify the process.

For your Vaadin based application this means that you won't add
wicket-viewer.jar in your dependencies. That's all.