isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Considering merging the Wicket viewer into Core framework
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 22:24:32 GMT
Hi folks,

Over the last few releases we've been slowly rationalizing the various
Maven modules, and for 1.8.0 I'd like to go one further step and merge the
Wicket viewer into core also.

* it's the defacto (human usable) UI for Isis
* the use cases that it supports are to a large extent driving the
evolution of Isis' metamodel
* it simplifies the release process (hopefully will encourage us committers
to do more frequent releases)

>From a user (ie programmer) perspective, the impact will be that some of
the Maven dependencies will change.  We'll update the archetypes though to
make it easy to see the changes.

I'll leave this thread open a few days to allow opinions to be aired; if I
hear nothing then will assume lazy consensus.

Thx
Dan