isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Grouping domain services in a single menu item
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:27:44 GMT
Hi Martin,

you are correct... there is no very satisfactory way to do this at the
moment; instead is necessary to suppress the service and add a replacement.

The .layout.json isn't appropriate here... that deals only with the layout
of an entity.

I'm currently working through the addon modules to make sure that they all
group "sensibly"... I have sessionlogger/command/auditing/publishing under
"Activity", and all the security services under "Security".  Haven't yet
decided where to put devutils or settings... was thinking perhaps
"Prototyping" and the tertiary menu respectively?

Also, I'm ensuring that all properties/collections/actions emit an
appropriate domain event, making it easy for subscribers to easily suppress
actions visibility by vetoing on the hide phase.

But what is needed here is some sort of menu.json file that has an
equivalent role.  I think there's a ticket on JIRA for this, but it's just
a placeholder, no real thinking been done on it.

As for the schema of .layout.json, at some point was thinking we should
define a json-schema for it; some IDEs support that (though not IntelliJ,
surprisingly).  And/or, might be worthwhile supporting .layout.xml and
writing a new implementation that reads from XML with corresponding XSD
(since much more widely supported in editors).

Cheers
Dan