isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: help to build real life application
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 15:25:32 GMT
On 19 February 2014 13:55, Satyendra Singh <satyaadk1@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just started working with ISIS and the simpleobject(s) RAD application
> works just great and i renamed this to represent my top level domain
> object.

Good to hear..

> I need to now develop this into a more real life application which
> essentially need to work with domain object relationships (one to one ..one
> to many..and many to one).
> is there any sample project somewhere that demonstrates how to go about
> this

Yes... Jeroen and I (both committers) are using Isis to build an invoicing
system for estate management (of shopping malls); it's called Estatio.

Thanks to the generosity of the Eurocommercial Properties [1], Estatio
itself is freely available, and up on github [2].

So you should find plenty of examples of relationships etc in there.

> or any precise documentation.

More generally, Isis sits on top of JDO and more specifically the
DataNucleus (reference) implementation, so you can also refer to the JDO
docs on the DN site, eg [3], as well as the JDO spec [4].

> Also looking to know if there are different options to render the UI for
> such cases.

It depends what you'd like to change.  From simplest, to most complex:

* You can use various annotations to influence the layout.  The most
significant ones are @MemberOrder and @MemberGroupLayout [5]
* You can also specify layouts dynamically via JSON [6]  (or use JRebel [7]
and keep using annotations)
* You can use CSS to target different aspects of the UI; add your changes
to the application.css file (src/main/webapp/css) [8]
* You can use @CssClass annotation to add in additional CSS classes for
more fine-tuned changes [8]
* You can write new extensions to the Wicket viewer [9]; some existing ones
are documented at [10]

Over and above that, you'd need to write a custom UI though against the RO
viewer [11]

Appreciate your help.

> Thank you

No worries.  Note that some of the links only apply to 1.4.0-snapshot ...
though the next release is imminent (in this coming week).

HTH
Dan

[1] http://isis.apache.org/more-thanks.html
[2] https://github.com/estatio/estatio