isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: help to build real life application
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:52:41 GMT
On 20 February 2014 15:34, Satyendra Singh <satyaadk1@gmail.com> wrote:

> I dont
> know what the most accurate approach would be to build applications (using
> isis) for such cases.
> Would you write a complete domain model for my existing database and go
> from there?

No...

> or you just start from what you need and keep it growing as per need.

Yes.

Focus on the domain first, build out your domain iteratively by considering
the use cases you need to support.

Also, don't forget to consider the different modules / subdomains; a tool
like Structure101 is good to help visualize any coupling in your domain.

And views and view models come second in Isis to support the "commonly-trod
path".

Dan