isis-users mailing list archives

From Ged Byrne <ged.by...@gmail.com>
Subject Isis and Drools
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 16:56:52 GMT
Hi All,

Has anybody done anything with Drools and Isis.

With version 5 JBoss introduced the ability to work with POJOs and JPA
entities as facts.

Now Drools 5 has taken POJO programming simplicity to its next level by
allowing programmers to insert POJOs as *facts* directly into a knowledge
session, or what a rule engine terms "working memory." This article
introduces a cost-effective and un-intrusive approach that manipulates JPA
entities as facts in Drools working memory. Continuous, real-time data
profiling has never been so easy.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/j-drools5/index.html

I'd like to experiment with the idea of adding Isis entities as facts, and
keeping them connected.  Potentially connecting ISIS business rules support
with Drools and delegate see/use/do decisions to the session.

Is this all crazy talk?

Has anybody tried anything like this?

Does anybody have any pointers?

I note with interest this post from November:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.incubator.isis.user/1076

I'm very grateful for the group's support.

Ged