isis-users mailing list archives

From "Chohan, Dharmesh" <dharmesh.cho...@atos.net>
Subject RE: Domain create table issue
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 13:47:59 GMT
Hi Dan

I could not see the CREATE TABLE for the domain in the logging.

The application works fine, the error was produced when installing the fixture from wicket
viewer Prototyping->Install fixtures.  The error was caused by calling the isisJdoSupport.executeUpdate("delete
from  \"TopUpAmount\"")

I have removed the line isisJdoSupport.executeUpdate("delete from  \"TopUpAmount\"") and now
it does not throw the error.  It seems the table is created on first use of the domain.

Regards
Dharmesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Haywood [mailto:dan@haywood-associates.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 12:33 PM
To: users
Subject: Re: Domain create table issue

On 5 February 2014 11:14, Chohan, Dharmesh <dharmesh.chohan@atos.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have added a new domain as below and when I check the output it does
> not create the table for that domain.  The problem comes when
> installing the fixture and running the command
> isisJdoSupport.executeUpdate("delete from
> \"TopUpAmount\"")

I don't quite follow this.

Do you see the 'CREATE TABLE' statement in the logging?  If so, then we know that the JDO/DN
annotations are correct.

To confirm, if you comment out the fixture setup, does Isis boot up ok?

If it does, then check the output; I'm guessing that there might be an issue with the table
name; that could be dependent on the JDBC driver you are dependent on.  Postgres requires
the double quotes to be escaped, others support [square brackets] etc.

> [snip]
> @ObjectType("TopUp Amount")
> @Bookmarkable
> public class TopUpAmount implements Comparable<TopUpAmount> { .... }

~~~
Also, not sure if it's your issue, but there shouldn't be a space in the @ObjectType value.
 That gets used internally to create the OID of the object, and could be causing a problem
later on

Let us know

Dan