isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: ISIS Newbie
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2013 23:01:57 GMT
Hi Dharmesh,
... just to say again, I've replied to your questions below, but also have
cc'ed the users@isis.apache.org mailing list.  However, in the future could
you please subscribe to the users mailing list (send blank email to
users-subscribe@isis.apache.org) and ask questions that way rather than
mailing me directly.
Thanks
Dan

On 24 December 2013 10:23, Chohan, Dharmesh <dharmesh.chohan@atos.net>wrote:

>  Hi Dan
>

> Thanks for your email.  I have gone through the relevant links you
> provided and am still struggling to start prototyping a project.  Here are
> my specific questions.
>

> 1.       Starting a clean project what is the Maven command to create a
> template.  I have run the quick start and the simple app.
>
> mvn archetype:generate -D archetypeGroupId=org.apache.isis.archetype -D
> archetypeArtifactId=??? -D archetypeVersion=1.3.1 -D groupId=my.company -D
> artifactId=TopUp -D version=1.0-SNAPSHOT –B
>

> 2.       What is the minimum implementation requirement to create a
> domain object.

The dom.simple.SimpleObject class *is* an example of a domain class.    Try
renaming this class (eg to Customer), renaming its properties, and then
adding in new properties as you require.

To instantiate and persist and instance of this class, you can use
dom.simple.SimpleObjects, which is the registered domain service that acts
as a factory and repository for the SimpleObject entity.  Try renaming this
class to match the entity name (eg to Customers).  (If you do rename, then
also change isis.properties config file in WEB-INF).

>  3.       This is what I am trying to achieve,
>
> Show a text label

 Show a fixed value field non editable

 Show a text input field

> Example
>

> Enter your card number* (the last 12 digits only)
>

> Fixed

Isis' viewers provide a default representation of every property, and at
the moment this renders the label to the left of the field.

I suggest you focus on the domain entity's properties, and worry less about
how it represented.  Later on, we can get into how to customize the viewer
if required.

> I am also trying to disable the integration tests but they seem to be
> running when I do the “mvn clean install”.  I have closed the integration
> project and renamed the myapp-dom > src/test/java to /src/test/javaMOVED

What you've done will disable the unit tests.  To disable/ignore the
integration tests, you need to exclude the myapp-integtests module.  You
can do this by opening up the parent pom.xml (myapp/pom.xml), locate the
line.

Cheers
Dan