isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: error running isis Quickstart
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2013 06:35:14 GMT
within...

On 15 November 2013 21:55, Satyendra Singh <ssingh@apollo-advisors.com>wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Yes, after I changed the maven launch config to use base directory
> ${workspace_loc:/ApacheIsisPoc-webapp}
> jetty:run just worked fine .

good-o.

> And 'mvn clean install' inside eclipse produced two war files which are -
>
> 1) ApacheIsisPoc-webapp-1.0-SNAPSHOT-jetty-console.war
> 2) Quickstart.war
>
> So, when deploying this to a server , which war I am supposed to release?

either will work, but the quickstart.war is the usual one.

As I tried to explain in my previous email, the -jetty-console.war is
simply the same set of files, along with the bootstrapping main that opens
up the little Swing console prompt app.  That said, deploying
-jetty-console.war should also work fine - those bootstrapping files will
just get ignored.

> I am looking forward to be able to build it on a CI build server and take
> the war and just copy it to run on a server. Any additional steps to make
>  that war which can be copied to other containers and will just work?

No extra steps, you should be able to just take the war and dump it to
tomcat.

Jeroen and I are building Estatio [1].  We build it on CloudBees [2], and
it works very nicely.

> I deployed this to tomcat inside eclipse for now  (created tomcat server
> and added project ApacheIsisPoc-webapp to that ) but it throws below errors
> on startup.
>
> 16:22:05,629  [Datastore            localhost-startStop-1 ERROR]  An
> exception was thrown while adding/validating class(es) : column of LOB or
> ARRAY type cannot be used in operation
> java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: column of LOB or ARRAY type cannot be
> used in operation
>         at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCUtil.sqlException(Unknown Source)
>         at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCUtil.sqlException(Unknown Source)

Once more, this "LOB or ARRAY type" error indicates that the classes
haven't been enhanced.  there are only two ways to do that: either building
from the mvn command line (which we've now established works) or by
configuring the Eclipse plugin [3], [4]

> I am starting  to begin building a small app for POC and will be asking
> some more questions as I go, thanks in advance.

Yes, please do.

Cheers
Dan

> Thanks