isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Documentation (e.g. on how to enhance quickstart/simple apps)
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 16:59:02 GMT
Hi Gernot,
Welcome to the Isis mailing list.

Glad you liked the book... and I don't think that *that* much has changed
in the programming model from NOF to Isis.  Certainly all the same concepts
are intact.

You will, probably, have to learn a little bit of Maven.  But I think
that's unavoidable if looking for a full-stack framework.  I'm sure you'll
find that the other frameworks you are evaluating will also require you to
learn the same, or something of similar complexity such as Gradle.

In terms of the website, sorry you're finding it hard to navigate, but do
the "how-tos" at [1] not help?

I do also recommend check out the screencasts that show how to configure
your IDE for DataNucleus [2].

You might also take a look at Estatio [3], which is a full scale app that
Jeroen and I (two of the Isis committers) are working on.

And, In terms of any specific questions, you can always ask here.  What is
it you want to do?

Cheers
Dan

[1] http://isis.apache.org/applib-guide/how-tos/about.html