isis-users mailing list archives

From David Tildesley <davo...@yahoo.co.nz>
Subject Re: How can I search for an entity using the OID
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 03:25:53 GMT
Thanks Dan.

David.

On Monday, 18 November 2013 1:32 AM, Dan Haywood <dan@haywood-associates.co.uk> wrote:

Yes, we can do this.

The easiest thing to do is to use the BookmarkService, eg as configured in
the quickstart example [1] or (even better) in a demo application "rrraddd"
that I put together for a conference recently [2] and now refererenced as a
tutorial from our website [3]

In [2], the SpeakerViewModel is a view model that is "backed" by an
individual Speaker entity (the domain is ConferenceSession, Speaker, Tag).
As [4] shows, you can use BookmarkService to bother convert the OID of a
Speaker into an opaque string, and convert it back again as shown in [5]

The base32() encoding is to avoid Isis getting confused between the OID of
the SpeakerViewModel and the OID of the Speaker itself that gets wrapped.

This approach should work for any entity at all; the string is basically a
URI to any object in the domain - a very powerful concept!

HTH
Dan

[1]
https://github.com/apache/isis/blob/5e9d586a3a1dcb9e4cf23470f6cb4ef43ebae06d/example/application/quickstart_wicket_restful_jdo/webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/isis.properties#L171
[2]
https://github.com/danhaywood/rrraddd-isis-131/blob/c3cdf918f7da0c83a1408c7e6712ab10b8798103/myapp/webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/isis.properties#L169
[3] http://isis.apache.org/documentation.html
[4]
https://github.com/danhaywood/rrraddd-isis-131/blob/c3cdf918f7da0c83a1408c7e6712ab10b8798103/myapp/dom/src/main/java/dom/simple/SpeakerViewModel.java#L29<https://github.com/danhaywood/rrraddd-isis-131/blob/c3cdf918f7da0c83a1408c7e6712ab10b8798103/myapp/dom/src/main/java/dom/simple/SpeakerViewModel.java#L28>
[5]
https://github.com/danhaywood/rrraddd-isis-131/blob/c3cdf918f7da0c83a1408c7e6712ab10b8798103/myapp/dom/src/main/java/dom/simple/SpeakerViewModel.java#L36