isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Is there an email service?
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2013 09:31:20 GMT
On 15 September 2013 08:33, GESCONSULTOR <o.bou@gesconsultor.com> wrote:

> You can find an email service on [1].
>
> ... though this is only really a demo, not something we formally release.

> I'm sure you've seen the info regarding the publishing service on [2]. Can
> you detail what you need to know?

For a production system, I'd recommend doing email via publishing
service... the reason being that calling an email service is not
transactional, whereas publishing is (if using the publishing service
offered by JDO, [3]), is.

Then you can use Camel, say, to send the emails asynchronously [4].

Dan

> [1] https://github.com/apache/isis/tree/master/example/domain-service
> [2] http://isis.apache.org/core/services/publishing-service.html

[3]