isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Nested submenu
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 14:04:22 GMT
Hi Luis,
welcome to the Isis mailing list.

Short answer is, no, I'm afraid this isn't currently supported.

It certainly would be possible.  As I recall in the Wicket viewer, menu
items can be hierarchical.  Also, in the programming model we have
@MemberOrder(name="...").  One of the reasons for name was to provide
grouping in some sort of fashion.   (As you are probably aware we currently
also use it group properties into member groups), and to associate actions
with either collections or properties.

So, I can envisage some syntax such as:

// service
public class ToDoItems {

    @MemberOrder(sequence="1")
    public ToDoItem find(...) {  ... }

    @MemberOrder(name="Submenu", sequence="1")
    public ToDoItem subFind1(...) {  ... }

    @MemberOrder(name="Submenu", sequence="2")
    public ToDoItem subFind2(...) {  ... }

}

which might generate

ToDoItems
- find
- Submenu
    - subFind1
    - subFind2

One thing I'm uncertain about is the localization of the "Submenu" label,
because it would only ever exists as a string in the @MemberOrder
annotation.  But that's probably solvable.

~~~
If you want this feature, please raise a ticket in JIRA [1].  If you fancy
having a go at providing at implementing the feature (ie contributing a
patch), then I'm happy to give some guidance.  In terms of me implementing
it, it's a way down the priorities, though.

Cheers
Dan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS