isis-users mailing list archives

From james agada <okwuiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is this error about?
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:48:17 GMT
ABL allows you to do declarative programming of business logic. Business
logic are defined to be executed when certain lifecycle events happen and
are self propagating ie if A happens and makes changes, B gets triggered
automatically and so on. In the case of ABL you can specify these at entity
( Hibernate/JPA) level using annotation. For instance in the use case I am
doing, when you create a transaction, it triggers the update of the stock
ledger if required, notifies participants among other things. I have
implemented this by tying this to the persist() life cycle event. Of
course, I will have to think of what to do for other life cycle events -
delete, modify etc.