isis-users mailing list archives

From David Tildesley <davo...@yahoo.co.nz>
Subject Re: Isis session and transaction management on a custom viewer
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 21:42:35 GMT
Hi Oscar,

David (me) wrote:

>I guess if you don't have desktop (kerberos)  SSO to the CAS sts then you haven't got
the same issue as us if you keep the cas token timeout less than the http session timeout.

Scrub that previous assumption - you will have the same problem if the user is accessing other
services and therefore keeping the CAS SSO token "alive" - they will arrive back at the application
with the http session expired but with a valid CAS token and Shiro will dutifully authenticate
them and pass them to a resource with a brand new session - same potential for a bad user
experience. Our solution (when we figure it all out) should work for your scenarios also.

David.