isis-users mailing list archives

From David Tildesley <davo...@yahoo.co.nz>
Subject Re: Isis session and transaction management on a custom viewer
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 10:52:23 GMT
Hi Dan,

Dan wrote:

>If using Isis' Shiro integration for authenticaiotn/authorizatino, then
>there are also Shiros session management to consider [4].  I am pretty sure
>the default for that is also HttpSession, but it would seem to be pluggable
>and they say it supports clusters [5].

You're right. Played with this by co-incidence today. I think this default causes some loss
of useful Shiro features (deferring to the container). Turned on Shiro "native session manager"
today by simple property in Shiro.ini as per Shiro documentation[4]. Works ok and adds more
capability (e.g. ability to define Shiro session event listener,define Shiro session timeout,
...). We are leaning towards form based container based authentication (already hooked Shiro
into trusting container authentication and leaving Shiro to do authorisation). Reason is that
we are using container authentication for "NegotiateAssertion" for enterprise desktop SSO
(Kerberos) and we make this a "permanent feature" and also  have a fall through ("SUFFICIENT")
 AD ldap authenticator defined as next container authentication provider - simply to make
life easy for the testers. We hope to log events off the Shiro session events (start, stop,
...) . But we've still got work to do
 around this and the side affects (e.g. session timeout and "logout" behaviour).

If  using native session manager then need to name the Shiro session cookie something other
than the default JSESSIONID because it causes weirdness when the container also produces a
session cookie of the same name.

David.

[2] http://wicket.apache.org/meet/introduction.html
[3] http://www.jtict.com/blog/wicket-isnt-suited-for-websites/