isis-users mailing list archives

From Bibonne Fabrice <fabrice.bibo...@insee.fr>
Subject RE: Using Hibernate with Isis
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 11:57:54 GMT
I mean I want to use Hibernate instead of JDO/DataNucleus with Isis by implementing ObjectStore
and ohter things using Hibernate. But, as I think about it, it becomes obvious the easiest
is to learn configuring DataNucleus.

Fabrice

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Dan Haywood
Envoyé : mardi 30 avril 2013 12:29
À : users
Objet : Re: Using Hibernate with Isis

On 30 April 2013 11:21, Bibonne Fabrice <fabrice.bibonne@insee.fr> wrote:

> I'm going to compare the 2 solutions : hibernate with custom
> persistence or JDO/DataNucleus.

When you say "Hibernate with custom persistence", what is the customization here?

I ask because JDO/DataNucleus has its own StoreManager SPI [1], meaning that it supports not
only RDBMS but also NoSQL (including Google App Engine, of course), and other more exotic
datastores.

Or, more prosaically, another type of custom persistence is support for user-defined data
types (eg for color, or joda dates etc).  I know that Hib has this, so too does JDO.

Dan

[1] http://www.datanucleus.org/extensions/store_manager.html