isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: GSOC2013 - ISIS-371 (an android viewer)
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2013 07:29:39 GMT
On 13 April 2013 06:39, DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
> I'm looking into the JSON responses which are sent from the server. If
> I'm not logged on , then it requires authentication through a message
> box.
> 1. Can you please explain how this authentication process happen?

It's a BASIC auth; you can use sven/pass.

> 2. What is the module of the server application responsible for this
> authentication process?

It's configurable.  If you're using the Maven archetype to generate your
app, then it's probably our implementation that integrates with Apache
Shiro [1]

> 3. How can I manage this (Authentication) in android environment
> because this authentication request is not a JSON response?

You need to submit a BASIC auth [2]

HTH
Dan

[1] http://isis.apache.org/components/security/shiro/about.html