isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: GSOC2013 - ISIS-371 (an android viewer)
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 12:44:49 GMT
On 10 April 2013 13:15, DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. I managed to download Isis from this link[1] and build it a simple
> domain model

If you do end up doing a GSOC project for us, then you'll also need to be
on the "bleeding edge" and compiling from source.  There's information on
our doc page [4], top right, in particular [5], [6], [7].

> 1 What is the domain object container?(I found it in your tutorial)

The DomainObjectContainer is a domain service that represents the single
contact point between the domain objects and the Isis runtime.  Like the
other domain services (that are registered in isis.properties), it is
automatically injected into every domain entity and every domain service.

Some of the more useful things you can do with it are to find existing
objects (allMatches()), create new objects (newTransientInstance), to
persist objects, to remove (ie delete objects), and to raise informational
messages (informUser), warnUser or raiseError.

> 2 I made my own entity named Student but I couldn't find a way to
> bring it to the GUI level. Actually I still can't understand the way
> that is used to map GUI forms with those entity classes

You'll need to create a domain service, similar to ToDoItemsJdo, and
register it.  You can use the service to find existing entities, or to
create new ones.  Generally your service will delegate to
DomainObjecttContainer.  If using JDO, there is some additional
configuration required to do queries, see the ToDoItem class for an example.

> 3 I saw some sample entity classes are inherited from several
> interfaces (Comparable<ToDoItem> ). What is the use of that?

The ToDoItem class has a "dependencies" collection of other ToDoItems,
which is of type SortedSet.  Thus, the ToDoItem must be Comparable.

 Can you please give me some clarifications because I'm little bit
> stuck at this point.

Hope that helps.  I'm cc'ing users@iao on this occasion just because this
is also informatino likely to be of use for the general user community.
Dan

[4] http://isis.apache.org/documentation.html
[5] http://isis.apache.org/contributors/contributing.html
[6] http://isis.apache.org/contributors/development-environment.html