isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using Hibernate with Isis
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:28:44 GMT
On 30 April 2013 11:21, Bibonne Fabrice <fabrice.bibonne@insee.fr> wrote:

> I'm going to compare the 2 solutions : hibernate with custom persistence
> or JDO/DataNucleus.

When you say "Hibernate with custom persistence", what is the customization
here?

I ask because JDO/DataNucleus has its own StoreManager SPI [1], meaning
that it supports not only RDBMS but also NoSQL (including Google App
Engine, of course), and other more exotic datastores.

Or, more prosaically, another type of custom persistence is support for
user-defined data types (eg for color, or joda dates etc).  I know that Hib
has this, so too does JDO.

Dan

[1] http://www.datanucleus.org/extensions/store_manager.html