isis-users mailing list archives

From DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSOC2013 - ISIS-371 (an android viewer)
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 17:06:06 GMT
Hi Dan,
I went through several several REST api tutorials. The first thing I
understood is that REST is almost similar to HTTP (Isn't it?).

In sample application I had some experiences with restful object
viewer. I'm really impressed the way it provide all data through JSON.
However as always I have several problems.

1. At the very beginning I went to the url -
http://localhost:8080/restful/ It gave following output.

{
links: [
{
rel: "self",
href: "http://localhost:8080/restful/",
method: "GET",
type: "application/json;profile="urn:org.restfulobjects/homepage""
},
{
rel: "user",
href: "http://localhost:8080/restful/user",
method: "GET",
type: "application/json;profile="urn:org.restfulobjects/user""
},
{
rel: "services",
href: "http://localhost:8080/restful/services",
method: "GET",
type: "application/json;profile="urn:org.restfulobjects/list""
},
{
rel: "version",
href: "http://localhost:8080/restful/version",
method: "GET",
type: "application/json;profile="urn:org.restfulobjects/version""
},
{
rel: "types",
href: "http://localhost:8080/restful/domainTypes",
method: "GET",
type: "application/json;profile="urn:org.restfulobjects/typelist""
}
],
extensions: { }
}

I'm completely ok with the content of the output. But the thing I need
to clarify is from where did this json object come from. And can we
change the content of this output. (As an example:  can we remove
domainTypes link from this JSON object?). If so how?

2. I consist of a link - "http://localhost:8080/restful/domainTypes"
but all we need is "http://localhost:8080/restful/services" because at
gui level we interact with those Services (am I correct?) not with
those domainTypes. If so what is the use of domain types to gui level?

3. If I speak straight, is the purpose of project to map these json
objects details to android gui?

--
Regards

W.Dimuthu Upeksha