isis-users mailing list archives

From Adam Howard <howard.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Running RestfulObjects viewer alongside Wicket viewer
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2012 03:40:46 GMT
Hi all,

I've been away from the list for a while but trying to get back into
things. I have an Isis sample app I've written to demo my AROW viewer[1].
It was created from the quickstart archetype from version 0.2.0-incubating.
I'm trying to get it updated to 0.3.1-SNAPSHOT and posted on my GitHub
account as a very simplified example of using Isis (maybe one step up from
the ToDo list.)

The current ToDo list example zip for Wicket/RO/JDO has separate maven
modules for the Wicket viewer and the RestfulObjects viewer. In my
0.2.0-incubating generated project there is a single "webapp" module that
runs both the HTML viewer and RestfulObjects viewer.

Is there an issue with running both the Wicket viewer and the
RestfulObjects viewer in the same webapp (aka web.xml?) Is this considered
bad practice and they should each have there own deployment?

On a side note, the new styling of the Wicket viewer looks amazing! If I
remember the thread right, this was a donation from the project Dan is
working on. Kudos to your employer for giving back to the community.

Thanks.
--
Adam Howard

[1] https://github.com/adamhoward/arow