isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Adding LDAP support into my viewer client
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2012 18:08:42 GMT
On 31 December 2012 13:07, Mark Wood-Patrick <mwoodpatrick@nvidia.com>wrote:

> Can I get a pointer to docs on how to switch my viewer to use LDAP based
> security?
>
> In fact, I'm currently working on an Apache Shiro [1] implementation which
is likely to supercede the LDAP implementation.  I hope to have that
working by the end of the week, and expect to put it out as a released
submodule later this month.

> Looking at:
>

> http://mavenhub.com/mvn/central/org.apache.isis.security/ldap/0.1.2-incubating
>
> I see that at one time it appeared that isis had support for Scala which
> is our preferred language what's the current status on this?

I think you are misreading that page; that merely shows the syntax for
including a module using Scala's sbt build tool.

In fact, Isis' pluggable programming model does has the capability to
support other programming languages, and I did do some work on supporting
groovy as a language.  In theory other programming languages could also be
supported.  I did look very briefly at Scala, but the integration would
definitely be more complex because the Scala compiler does rather more
exotic things.

If getting Scala support is very important to you, then of course you
should raise a JIRA ticket.  However, it's not really particularly high up
on my priorities.  If you fancy taking a crack at it, I'm happy to provide
some pointers.  (The Groovy support only took me an evening to get going,
so it might not be that difficult.  But the tricky bit is in testing it in
a real-world situation to make sure that it works in practice).

Dan

[1] http://shiro.apache.org/
[2] http://isis.apache.org/components/progmodels/groovy/about.html