isis-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen van der Wal <jer...@stromboli.it>
Subject Re: Scalability and References
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 11:50:14 GMT
Hi Minto,

See inline:

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Minto van der Sluis <minto@xup.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To one of my clients I advised to have a look at Apache Isis. One of
> their concerns is scalability. They also asked for references.
>
> Regarding this I have a few questions:
> 1) Are their any "official" references for Isis? I have heard about some
> projects that Dan and Jeroen are working on.

As we're finalizing the first stage of the project we might publish some
information by the end of the year. But now we focus on meeting our
deadlines.

> 2) Is any of these out in the open? In other words: is it online and
> open for anyone to access?

Initially the application will be hosted internally but we are able to
deploy on most cloud platforms. I know that Rob wrote an application that
is available online [1]
3) How scalable is Isis? My assumption is that Isis uses a lot of

> reflection under the hood. Reflection comes at a price, so how does this
> impact Isis performance and scalability?

So far we haven't encountered any performance issues. If you have
particular scalability requirements I suggest you use tool to emulate your
loads.

[1] http://www.strategicalit.com/planchaser/