isis-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen van der Wal <jer...@stromboli.it>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Making releases easier and more frequent
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2012 16:46:23 GMT
Wow, what a useful thread this is, thanks for all the contributions in
unraveling Isis (at least for me)!

I would go for option a.

I even like to take it a step further and move out every component in core
(released or not) into it's respective folder. For the JDO objectstore the
groupId would org.apache.isis.objectstore and the artifactId isis-
objectstore-jdo

It's still hard for met to get why things are under core or not and what's
used in every deployment (imho equals core) and what is used in
development. Given that thought my ideal top-level folder layout would be
something like this:
core/
applib
bytecode-cglib
bytecode-javassist
core
runtime
development/
tck
unittestsupport
integtestsupport
webserver
objectstore/
inmemory
jdo
nosql
sql
xml
profilestore/
inmemory
sql
xml
progmodel/
java
groovy
wrapper
security/
ldap
sql
noop
file
viewer/
bdd
junit
html
dnd
restfulobjects
scimpi
wicket
archetype/
dnd-xml
scimpi-nosql
wicket-restful-jdo
retired/
core/
monitoring

Still not sure if we need the retired folder though, releasing is all about
picking the right combination of modules right?

Cheers,

Jeroen