isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject [ANN] Apache Isis version 0.2.0-incubating Released
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 08:40:39 GMT
The Isis team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Isis version
0.2.0-incubating

  http://incubator.apache.org/isis

In this release we've tried to simplify things a little, so that would-be
users can more easily grok what Isis is about:

* We've updated the website, hopefully explaining better what Isis is and
what use cases it hits.
* we now have an online demo linked directly from the website.
* the archetype has also been reworked; rather than have a module for each
of the viewers, we've reduced the number of viewers (just HTML viewer and
JSON viewer) and put them into a single webapp module.

Full release notes are available at [1] on the Isis website.

You can access this release directly from the Maven central repo [2], use
the Maven archetype to configure an initial project [3], or download the
release and build it from source [4].

Enjoy!

-The Isis team

PS: work is well under way on the next release, where we'll be
re-introducing the Scimpi viewer to the archetype, and also bringing in
NoSQL (MongoDB) support.  Stay tuned...

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/isis/release-notes-0.2.0-incubating.html
[2] http://search.maven.org
[3] http://incubator.apache.org/isis/quickstart-app.html