isis-users mailing list archives

From Dan Haywood <...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Subject Re: Isis quickstart help
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:27:50 GMT
On 31 January 2012 13:19, Peter Jessup wrote:

> Hi Dan,****
>
> ** **
>
> Sorry to mail you direct but I’m having trouble with the isis quickstart
> app and can’t seem to find any sort of help forum.

No probs.

Apache projects use the mailing list as the means of community support, so
you should subscribe to isis-users ML by:
a) send initial email to isis-users-subscribe@incubator.apache.org
b) send your actual query to isis-users@incubator.apache.org

I've cc'ed this reply there to start this thread.

****

> ** **
>
> I’ve been trying to download using maven 3.0.2 but all I seem to get is a
> single hello world class.

That sounds to me as though you aren't picking up the isis quickstart
archetype, instead you are picking up Maven's quickstart archetype.

When you type the command, it's important that you specify the
archetypeGroupId and archetypeArtifactId, eg;

mvn archetype:generate  \
    -D archetypeGroupId=org.apache.isis \
    -D archetypeArtifactId=quickstart-archetype \
    -D groupId=com.mycompany \
    -D artifactId=myapp

Perhaps you could copy-n-paste the command you are running, along with any
output you see in the console?

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Is there still an issue with maven 3****
>
> or has the documentation  gotten ahead of the code ****
>
> or should I be looking somewhere else for answers

No, should work as advertised...