infra-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Roman (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (INFRA-17146) Release artifacts not available from repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 on some networks
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2018 10:14:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17146?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16651442#comment-16651442
] 

Roman commented on INFRA-17146:
-------------------------------

Hi all.
Well, I've tried both IPs (151.101.112.215 and 151.101.132.215) but still I'm getting 404
on 'flink-parent-1.6.1.pom'.
Also I tried to get it from my home and from work networks (different ISPs) but with no luck
:)

> Release artifacts not available from repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 on some networks
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: INFRA-17146
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17146
>             Project: Infrastructure
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: maven, Nexus
>            Reporter: Florian Schmidt
>            Priority: Critical
>
> Disclaimer: I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place to file this issue, please let
me know if you think this belongs somewhere else. 
> We have had multiple reports from people who were unable to download release artifacts
such as flink-parent:1.5.4 or flink-parent:1.6.1. 
> We noticed that this does not happen to everybody, but only happens for some networks.
Specifically, we found out that on networks where repo.maven.apache.org resolves to 151.101.112.215,
the request will fail, whereas on networks where repo.maven.apache.org resolves to 151.101.132.215
it works just fine, leading us to think that this might be an infrastructure problem?
> We also noticed that in either network when visiting https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/flink/flink-parent/1.6.1/
in the browser, the artifact flink-parent:1.6.1 will show, but on some networks will return
404 when trying to download it, whereas on others it will work fine. 
> See also: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/FLINK/issues/FLINK-10519
> Examples
> {code}
> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Building Flink Quickstart Job 1.0-SNAPSHOT
> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Downloading: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/flink/flink-java/1.5.4/flink-java-1.5.4.pom
> Downloaded: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/flink/flink-java/1.5.4/flink-java-1.5.4.pom
(5.0 kB at 12 kB/s)
> Downloading: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/flink/flink-parent/1.5.4/flink-parent-1.5.4.pom
> Downloading: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/flink/flink-streaming-java_2.11/1.5.4/flink-streaming-java_2.11-1.5.4.pom
> Downloaded: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/flink/flink-streaming-java_2.11/1.5.4/flink-streaming-java_2.11-1.5.4.pom
(5.3 kB at 45 kB/s)
> Downloading: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/flink/flink-statebackend-rocksdb_2.11/1.5.4/flink-statebackend-rocksdb_2.11-1.5.4.pom
> Downloaded: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/flink/flink-statebackend-rocksdb_2.11/1.5.4/flink-statebackend-rocksdb_2.11-1.5.4.pom
(11 kB at 158 kB/s)
> Downloading: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/flink/flink-state-backends/1.5.4/flink-state-backends-1.5.4.pom
> Downloaded: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/flink/flink-state-backends/1.5.4/flink-state-backends-1.5.4.pom
(1.4 kB at 22 kB/s)
> Downloading: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/flink/flink-runtime-web_2.11/1.5.4/flink-runtime-web_2.11-1.5.4.pom
> Downloaded: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/flink/flink-runtime-web_2.11/1.5.4/flink-runtime-web_2.11-1.5.4.pom
(9.5 kB at 149 kB/s)
> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Total time: 1.214 s
> [INFO] Finished at: 2018-10-15T11:48:46+02:00
> [INFO] Final Memory: 10M/205M
> [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project flink-serialization-test: Could not resolve
dependencies for project flink-serialization-test:flink-serialization-test:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT:
Failed to collect dependencies at org.apache.flink:flink-java:jar:1.5.4: Failed to read artifact
descriptor for org.apache.flink:flink-java:jar:1.5.4: Could not find artifact org.apache.flink:flink-parent:pom:1.5.4
in central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]
> {code}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

Mime
View raw message