incubator-zeta-users mailing list archives

From David Rekowski <david.rekow...@gmx.de>
Subject [zeta-users] eczSearch: solr dynamic fields and custom definition manager
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 19:32:28 GMT
Hi list.

I try to use the Search component for a solr search of arbitrarily
structured documents (i.e. using not predefined dynamic fields, so I
can't write a fixed definition document).

I use a custom definition manager which returns the runtime definition
of the document. This works basically quite well, only I do encounter
the problem, that the solr handler expects values as arrays in
mapFieldValuesForReturn, whereas they end up as non arrays when I add
documents to the index. If $values is only remapped when it is an array
(if condition added), it's fine, but I don't think that's quite what was
intended. Any hints or suggestions are appreciated.

Generally: is it advisable to set the field type to 0 in order to
suppress eczSearch automatically typed fields and use a custom solr
schema? Also I intend to use a location field, which is not supported as
far as I can see.

Best regards,
  David

--