incubator-zeta-users mailing list archives

From Piotrek Karas <p.karas.li...@mediaself.pl>
Subject [zeta-users] Search component and fecets
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 05:09:52 GMT
Hello guys,

First off all, where should we discuss problems with the components?
Should that be sent to zeta-users or zeta-dev? Does anyone read zeta-users?

Now down to the case. I'm trying to build a search interface with an
ezcSearch engine using solr handler. It seems to work fine, but I've got
some problems with facets. As long as I add any one facet field to my
find query, it seems to work fine, the search result has the facet
information in place and calculated correctly. As soon as I add any
combination of two or more fields, the facet information in the search
result disappears (empty array). Now, I've tested every field from the
combination separately, each time they produce correct faceting
information individually.

Now, maybe there's something I don't understand about how to apply
faceting information. Unfortunately, there's very little on this subject
in the doc:
http://ezcomponents.org/docs/tutorials/Search
# // add a facet on url (not very useful)
# $q->facet( 'url' );

Has anyone succeeded in using the search component for multi-facet
search? If so, will you be willing to share any examples? Or maybe you
know what I could be doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Piotrek