From James Pic <james...@gmail.com>
Subject [zeta-dev] PHPUnit regression: cannot run the testsuite of one component
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 11:41:23 GMT
Hi all,

Before, we could run the test suite of a component as such:
UnitTest/src/runtests.php Database

But the new test runner does not allow this. For example, phpunit --filter
Database will fail in two ways:

0) test cases without Database in the class name will be omited
(ie. ezcQueryExpressionTest from
Database/tests/sqlabstraction/expression_test.php)
1) test cases with Database in the class name from other components will be
included (ezcDatabaseSchemaGenericTest from
DatabaseSchema/tests/generic_test.php)

Solutions:

0) Flyingmana suggested to use regexps in --filter, document the regexp to
use for each component
1) annotate every test method with @group ComponentName

I'm not sure about these solutions because correct me if I'm wrong but that
looks error prone.

So, should we start implementing any of these solutions ?

Cheers from Lisboa at eZ Winter Conference