From Gaetano Giunta <giunta.gaet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [zeta-dev] Migration from Make to Ant
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 07:55:06 GMT
Gav... wrote:

> [...]
Ant as a tool is definitely supported, but, in my limited experience, with too many warts.

Examples of things that made me rewrite the ant script for ezp extensions in php:
. no built-in task to generate an md5 of a file (and on windows no built-in md5 command, too
many variants exist that produce different output and accept
different options)
. path separator chars are not normalized in ant, they are in php (to / )
. many other core tasks are not 100% identical on all platforms, either in their output or
supported options, when you go read the docs